Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane McCain-Palin

I know that his Blog has moved a bit away from boatbuilding and more into witnessing how the media elite would like to manipulate the Presidential election. And I'll have to admit that if McCain chose someone like Mitt Romney for his running mate, I'd be far less inclined to follow his campaign.
~
But McCain showed some real insight in his choice of Palin, and when he says that he wants to shake up the system, he now has total credibility. Isn't that freaking refreshing???
~
I was impressed that Obama secured the nomination as a minority, but in the back of my mind, he was a slick talking, Chicago machine pol with nothing of a policy nature that is remarkable in his short public resume. We now know quite a bit of what McCain and Palin did in their public careers - McCain with campaign reform and rooting out pork - Palin with energy policy and bureaucratic reform.
~
Tell me one thing that Obama did.... My point exactly.
~
Barach looks like a go along guy. Go along with Daly Chicago politics, go along with racist remarks at his church, go along with fat cats who want to give him real estate deals to ingratiate him.
~
I've known guys like Obama all of my life. They see public office as a personal career, not as a vehicle to serve. They are get along guys who say what needs to be said, and align themselves with people on the basis of personal enrichment. Hang out with a Weatherman Terrorist one day, deny him the next. It is the politics of enrichment and convenience.
~
I think that the media frequently likes this type of politician, because he/she will do their biding, and will pander to their media careers first before attending to the public needs. When I was a public official in Lynn, the most corrupt backroom pols could get the Boston Globe to say anything that they wanted. As a young liberal, I was astounded - but now as a thinking conservative, it makes sense.
~
There is a place for this type of politician, but not the White House.
~
I know that this Blog is supposed to be about building the Marblehead Gunning Dory, but I am hopelessly sidetracked while this refreshing wind of political reform is blowing by Hurricane McCain-Palin into the faces of the media elite.
~
So the Dory is delayed again... But I will get back to it. Definitely by November.

No comments: