Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Getting Weird

Lately, quite a few people from the distant past have been contacting me over the WEB. I guess that when people browse the internet, they tend to explore their past. There are a lot of people that don't show up so easily though.
~
I wonder if there will be a kind of electronic archeology in the future. Will all of these miserable blog entries be archived and saved, only to be dug up by some future anthropologist, wondering how the world was at the dawn of the electronic information age?
~
People tend to think that there is a type of immortality on Earth, but we forget the past with frightful speed..... to the point where we don't even know the names of our Great Grandparents.
~
I'll bet a bottle of Lagavulin that you don't know the name of your Father's Grandfather - a person critical to your being on Earth!!! I don't. And I can't Google him either. Did his existance have meaning if we can't even know that he lived?
~
Sorry about the weirdness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His name was Thomas McMahon and he was the middle weight wrestling champion of the world. After his career in wrestling he moved on to become the athletic trainer of the Detroit Tigers and was close friends with Ty Cobb.

I'll take that bottle whenever J. No rush. Or you can just buy one for youself and call it a gift from me. That would be the automatic Peep of the Week rule.

-McMahon