Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tennis Return

After about 140 practice serves at the Northbrook courts, I could sense that the magic was returning. My tennis game was coming back.
~
By the end, I had the right pace, could place the serve and could throw in a hook or two. I completely obliterated my imaginary opponent.
~
Get ready Stevie. I'm coming back for you. And Bud Collins.... if that is indeed your real name.... it's time for you to take the whupping that you deserve.
~
Now for another bike adventure.

Bud Collins said...

I write for the Boston Globe, sir, and have played tennis since before you were born and commented on it for major media outlets since the 1974 season, in which Ashe beat Connors in 4 sets at Wimbledon.

Nevertheless, I am not voting for Obama. Like you. Bitch.

John Nestor Said....

Excellent Trash Talk. Unlike you, I will let my racket do the talking. I'll have to bring two though because the first one will be sticking out of your ass.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I write for the Boston Globe, sir, and have played tennis since before you were born and commented on it for major media outlets since the 1974 season, in which Ashe beat Connors in 4 sets at Wimbledon.

Nevertheless, I am not voting for Obama. Like you. Bitch.