Saturday, August 30, 2008

Physical Phatigue

This is the second weekend in a row where my body is wracked with self induced pain. Last week we decided that cycling 15 mi. a day in the mountain roads of North Corway was a good idea.... this week, landscaping at Sundance Pre-School did the damage.
~
Specifically, all we did was weed, cultivate, trim some overgrowth and plant about 30 chrysanthemums. How physically taxing could that be???? In truth, the weeds had so taken hold that I made four F15o truckloads to the Marblehead dump. There were big ones, thorny ones, and some really rooted weeds. Then a few hours of tilling and tree trimming.
~
By the time 4:00 PM rolled around, I was one hurting Buckaroo. Which would have been easy enough to endure if I wasn't tortured by taunts from the likes of Will and Lynda Murray, as well as Brendt and Kerry D'Orio, as they cruised West Shore Drive ostensibly looking for action.
~
My friend "Who doesn't want his name mentioned in the Blog" saw me at one of the Dump runs and invited me over his house for a beer. That would have been nice if I wasn't so sweaty and filthy. Plus he is not over the euphoria of landing two Bluefins at Stellwagen yesterday which I am unabashedly jealous about. So I declined.
~
At the Marblehead Garden Center, while picking up the last ten Mums, a fetching Marblehead SUV Mom asked if I worked there. Not really flattered by that assumption, I said, "No... but do I look like I work here?"

"Well, you look like you know what you are doing," was her glib retort.
~
Maybe that's good... I'm still not so sure. But it did take my mind off of my painful physical fatigue for a few seconds.
~
Anyway, there is no excuse for letting the weeds take over at the Sundance Pre-School. I have to resolve to stay ahead of that game.... so I can bike more on the weekends.

No comments: