Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dems in Denver

Watching the Democratic National Convention makes my teeth hurt. It's like idiots pandering to idiots.
~
Bill Clinton, welling up in tears and mouthing "I love you" to Hillary while she spouted from the podium, was particularly painful. Everything seems so pretentious and staged.
~
I doubt that the Republicans will be much better.
~
Choosing the leader of the most powerful nation on earth is such a sell job. You would think that we could figure out a better way. Maybe program a computer to be ultimately logical, just and wise.
~
I ultimately will vote for McCain as the lesser of two evils, although I remain thrilled that a non-white has overcome the deep seated racial insecurities to emerge as a Presidential candidate. Within my own lifetime, the nation has made a quantum leap and has become a better place to live.

No comments: