Thursday, July 03, 2008

Towel in Hand

I was checking in to see how my college roommate, Bob Towne, did in the Western States 100 mile run and found out that the run was cancelled due to forest fires. That has to be a dissapointment.... training for a 100 miler and having it postponed.
~
The results from last year detailed over 250 runners who completed the distance in less than 30 hours. I can't imagine staying awake for 30 hours, much less running continuously. Plus the recovery must be a bitch in itself!
~
I'm afraid that my own marathon training effort has fallen victim to the pace of work at Nanepashemet Telecom and a nagging left knee. I haven't thrown in the towel yet, but it's doubtful that the Marine Corps Marathon in October will have me on the starting line. If Towne and my Archrival Joe Collins go, I'll be there one way or another though.

WS100 Latest News

No comments: