Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Going to the Mat for Tommy O.

Just as I thought that I was setting the gas pedal for cruise control, once again I'm called to use my superior wit and intellect to sidestep a potentially sticky situation.
~
Seems that Tommy O' Shea had raised some eyebrows over at the Gerry due to his proclivity with a pool cue. He definitely threatened some and inspired others. It started to look like a real deadlock with his nomination for membership and some of the detractors were ominously rolling a black marble on the table in front of them.
~
That's when I knew that I had to take action and put my oratorical skill to the test.
~
As I was taking the floor, the room fell to a soft hush. I sent a glare to the detractors and nodded comfortingly to the admirers. The room was mine. The chairman asked the crucial question.... "Is anybody here for Tommy O' Shea."
~
I slowly but firmly raised my left arm.
~
That's it. Tommy's in the Gerry.

No comments: