Monday, July 28, 2008

Crusher Comeback

Years ago (i.e. before I was overweight and out of shape), I was a pretty good tennis player. I could beat all of my friends, some of whom were real good athletes. Then, like most things, I let it go with the pressures of family and career.
~
But now I've played twice in the past week and a half.... and I even bought one of those Titanium new fangled, light weight rackets with the huge sweet spot.
~
So this morning, it was the battle of the Tennis Titans as Stevie Lewis confronted The Crusher. Even though The Crusher lost (6-0, 6-0), it was an interesting match.
~
Enjoy your victory Steve. Your glory will be short lived when I get my old serve back.

Bud Collins said...

Most people, when they get double bageled, have the good sense to sit quietly and reflect on how much they suck.


John Nestor said...

That's fine for you, Bud (if that is indeed your real name)... but I have a higher standard, and must remain man enough to give Lewis his temporary elation.

Bud Collins said...

Now the question remains, who will get the last word in. Backhand volley to Nanapashemet . . . . take up ping pong.

John Nestor said...

Advantage, Mr. Bud Light.

Bud Light.

Bud Collins said...

Net cord, will he get to it, yes! lob to the baseline . . . Manny is being villified for business reasons, not on principles.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people, when they get double bageled, have the good sense to sit quietly and reflect on how much they suck.

John Nestor said...

That's fine for you, Bud (if that is indeed your real name)... but I have to remain man enough to give Lewis his temporary elation.

Anonymous said...

Now the question remains, who will get the last word in. Backhand volley to Nanapashemet . . . . take up ping pong.

John Nestor said...

Bud Light.

Anonymous said...

Net cord, will he get to it, yes! lob to the baseline . . . Manny is being villified for business reasons, not on principles.