Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Challenge

High Tide in Marblehead Harbor is not until 2:00PM this afternoon.
~
I definitely want to get the Tender out for some serious rowing and fishing by that time, but before then, there are some errands that can't go amiss.
~
Pick up the lawn mower at Salem Rent All and cut the grass at Beverly Ave. and Sundance, make a bank deposit, pay some Nanepashemet bills, and pick up the stock for Joanne's corner cabinet at Moynihan Lumber in Beverly.
~
It's 8:45 AM. We'll see if I can get these done before High Tide.

POSTSCRIPT
Everything got done with the exception of some Nanepashemet vendor payments which I will get to tomorrow morning.
~
Got the usual oohs and ahhs about the Tender during my row in the Harbor. That's getting tiresome. Paul Lynch yelled across the water that he wanted me to build him one, but he'd have to handle a hell of a lot of zoning cases to pay for it.
~
I have to admit that I do enjoy the banter that the Tender elicits from people. Somebody even took a picture of me today, and I'm not sure of the proper technique for sucking in my gut while rowing, without potentially hurting myself.
~
The truth is that the Tender cuts a nice figure in the harbor and I don't want to respond falsely modest when I am genuinely proud of the way that the Tender looks. When they ask if I built it, I just say yes, but if they ask if it was a kit, that tends to piss me off a little.

No comments: