Monday, June 02, 2008

Early to Rise

Made a quick run to Providence this mornng. For some reason, we are picking up a decent amount of work in Rhode Island, and we have to register the company there if Nanepashemet is able to pull building permits.
~
I got up at 4:30 AM to get some work in before making the commute and left by 7:00, but I was still ten minutes late for my 9:00 AM appointment because of the traffic cutting through Boston. Finished the business and was home by noon.
~
By 3:00 PM, I took a break from processing invoices and figured to spray a coat of Epifanes varnish on Will's Toy Chest and the Yacht Tender. I'm a big advocate of spray painting, because it is so much faster than brushing, and I hate to paint. So I invested in a Fuju HVLP spray machine a number of years ago, and I'm generally pleased with it, but I've never used it enough to gain proficiency in how it works best.
~
The problem with any tools, and software for that matter, is that if you don't use them consistently, then you forget the nuances of how to get the best and most efficient performance from them. It's important to use your tools often....
~
The toy chest now has a coat of sealer poxy on the outside and two coats of Epifanes varnish. Will's birthday is a week from Saturday and I'm looking to spray four more coats between now and then. Installing the piano hinge and safety closers will be last step.
~
At any rate, just getting up early seems to give you a hedge on the rest of the day. I'll try it again tomorrow.

No comments: