Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Izzy's Passing

Isabelle our cat died today. She was over 100 in cat years and very sick.
~
It's true that she was a bitch to Roenick and always kept him in his place. But he didn't seem to mind, and gave her first dibs even though he could obviously overpower her.
~
She had a couple of litters and seemed to be a good mother.
~
Like many cats, she was affectionate or standoffish on her own terms. We once found her in a neighborhood over a mile away from our house. One of our friends recognized her and called Joanne to pick her up.
~
The one time that I took her and Roenick in my truck to North Conway, she got into the truck , stepped on the automatic window roll down button, and before I was ten yards down the road, she jumped out onto the street. I had to lock down the window controls when I finally got her back into the truck. She sat on my lap for about an hour during the trip, then with no warning or provocation whatsoever, reached back with her front paw and smacked me in the face.
~
Good times and fun memories.
~
She was a good cat. We loved her and will miss her.

No comments: