Monday, March 31, 2008

Serious Training

I'm starting to feel a big bout of seriousness kicking in.
~
With one week of cycling left, we're preparing the area in the basement for the treadmill to be set up. Plus I ate right today.... no MacDonald's or Pasta. It will be 5 weeks on the treadmill before I even take one stride on the payment sometime in May.
~
Today I went 17.3 miles on the Cybex in 50 Minutes.
~
I've detected a bit of doubt on the part of the Peeps who ask me how the marathon training is going. I little bit of old fashioned, eye rolling, sarcasm. That's because they see my voluminous bulk and don't realize that I am gradually progressing on a carefully prepared program that will peak on October 26, 2008.
~
This is not for the faint of heart seeking instant gratification. And it's no beauty contest.... that's for sure.
~
Hope Bobby Brown and the Insidious Wojcik have a great time in Vegas. I seem to remember some fast times and heavy drinking at those Wireless Conventions. Too bad they are in training for the Marine Corps Marathon and will miss out on all the late night entertainment, boozing and fancy dinners. Too bad...

No comments: