for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lacrosse in the Old Days



Lacrosse, the national sport of Canada was invented and played widely by the Native People of North America.
~
(Notice that I didn't call them Indians???? I just love being politcally correct.)
~
The game was ritualized, and it was believed that the outcome was pre-ordained by the Great Spirit. Tribes sometimes played lacrosse to settle disputes, rather than going to war.
~
This time of year always reminds me of the lacrosse games that I would go to throughout New England when my kids played for St. Michael's College in Burlington, VT.
~
I don't ever remember seeing a lacrosse game on a sunny day. Pelting rain and mud was the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus