Sunday, February 17, 2008

Overall Improvement

I decided to improve on my WO/M ratio today and was rewarded with Zero Wipeouts per Mile over 4 grueling miles of groomed cross country ski trails at Whitaker Woods in North Conway. Also, I checked in with a town employee to see if Captain Dipshit was correct in charging me a $15.00 trail fee yesterday.
~
He was.
~
Bummer....
~
But I did my civic duty by telling the park employee that the web site was wrong and didn't state the fee to North Conway taxpayers. He acted like he appreciated the information.
~
We'll see if he corrects the freaking website.
~
In the meantime, I made Curt Schilling's bloody sock look paltry compared to the bleeding blisters that I developed on my left heal and big toe.
~
A lesser man would have cashed it in after the first mile, but I was determined to get my four in while the conditions were so good. Actually it didn't hurt too bad, and I was amazed at the amount of blood when I took my ski boot off. I successfully grossed Joanne out.
~
She pleasantly surprised me by buying me a bottle of Lagavulin, which, as you know, is an automatic POTW selection.... the first automatic of the year. I love her so much.

Lauren Rathbone said...

Can you believe all the snow in North Conway, we have been going up every weekend, and no one believes me when I tell them the snow banks at our house are 12 feet plus. Saw your adorable grandson on Thursday, dropped of some more of Ethans clothes for him to wear this spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe all the snow in North Conway, we have been going up every weekend, and no one believes me when I tell them the snow banks at our house are 12 feet plus. Saw your adorable grandson on Thursday, dropped of some more of Ethans clothes for him to wear this spring. Lauren Rathbone