Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cut the Carbs

The no-carbs diet method really works. And you feel better when you are on it. A number of years ago, I lost over 20 lbs. when I went on it, with no exercise at the time.
~
But then, pizza, beer, and pasta entered my life again.
~
I was happy, but the bulk returned.
~
Now I'm going to combine no carbs with a dedicated routine of riding the Cybex. By the end of February, my goal is to feel a little more room in my pants, and no pain in my left knee. (The knee that I screwed up by listening to the advise of the insidious Wojcik !!!)
~
As soon as I can run without pain, I'll rededicate to another marathon attempt, maybe the Marine Corps Marathon next October in Wash. DC. With any luck, Wojcik or Collins might be tempted to run as well, giving me a chance to feed them my dust.
~
The challenge will be to prevent business swings from taking priority over time to execise. And cash flow problems always seem to propel me to the comfort of a large kettle of macaroni and cheese. If business stays good, I should be fine.

~
~
Tuna Lips said...

I take great pride in keeping myself fit. As a ladies man, I must be in prime form at all times, able to react with cat-like agility when the damsels need some "TL-C", heh heh heh. It can be a burden at times, there being only one TL to goes around, but I am one fer believin the Almighty nodes that TL is but a man, and showing mercy on me. That's whycome I find some ladies cringe at the sight of me, it being Jesus carrying me on the beach, wherein there is only one set of footprints, so I might take a rest from being the TL that the world knowds. And yes, chicks also dig me because I am deep.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I take great pride in keeping myself fit. As a ladies man, I must be in prime form at all times, able to react with cat-like agility when the damsels need some "TL-C", heh heh heh. It can be a burden at times, there being only one TL to goes around, but I am one fer believin the Almighty nodes that TL is but a man, and showing mercy on me. That's whycome I find some ladies cringe at the sight of me, it being Jesus carrying me on the beach, wherein there is only one set of footprints, so I might take a rest from being the TL that the world knowds. And yes, chicks also dig me because I am deep.