Monday, February 18, 2008

Another Future Marathon Victim

Wojcik is in!!!
~
After baiting Collins to accept the challenge, I now have Bob Wojcik agreeing to meet me on the field of honor in Washington DC this October.
~
Talk about killing two birds with one stone!
~
The only problem is.... now I really have to get in shape for the Marine Corps Marathon. That means dropping at least 50 lbs., keeping injury free, yet maintaining the business pace at Nanepashemet Telecom.... and keeping Joanne happy on top of all of it.
~
A Herculean Task.
~
But there is no turning back now. No going back to a sedentary lifestyle complete with double cheese pepperoni pizza, nightly Sam Adams, fried dough, potato chips, and pasta binges.
~
Maybe I should think this through.
~
I can live without these things, but it would be great if I could take some more Peeps down with me... like that wussy old roommate, Bob Towne, who let his body go all to hell. Bob, get your ass to Washington DC in the fall.
~
In the meantime, if any of you Peeps are up for the challenge, I'd be happy to put you on the list of those destined for humiliating defeat on October 26, 2008.
~
So far, the list is....

  • ME
  • Archrival Joe Collins
  • Insidious Advisor Bob Wojcik
If you want to be on the list, you're going to have to take a bit of verbal and written abuse between now and next autumn. But I'd be happy to supply the "Nanepashemet POTW T-Shirts" so that you can be picked out amongst the legitimate contenders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might just have to step in on this J. and beat each on of you by at least an HOUR. I'm aiming for Lance Armstrong in this year's Boston and have kept good pace on it so far. My time is looking to improve from last year's 3:08:12 (with a blown out knee in the last 3 or 4 miles) to an estimated 2:45:00. I'm up to 17 miles already in my training and I'm thinking of breaking the 20 mile marker this Sunday.

You challenged the Peeps and now I'm here to represent. 2 marathons in one year, no biggie.

See you in D.C.

-McMahon