for Peeps of all Persuasions

Real Estate, Boatbuilding, Business, and Politics ....
Interspersed with Truth, Justice, and Insight into the Meaning of Life .....
for Nanepashemet Peeps of all Persuasions.



Saturday, January 12, 2008

Clubber

I was never a big "joiner".
~
Yet in the past year, I've joined the UMass Club, the Gerry 5 Volunteer Fireman's Association, and the Boston Yacht Club.
~
Clearly something is going on here, and I'm not exactly sure what it is.
~
I'm definitely not looking to make new friends, nor am I a social climber, but here I am joining these diverse groups and incurring charges for dues.
~
In the case of the Gerry, a decent monthly bar bill as well. Somebody must have really banged my number that last time I was there.
~
I did meet up with Greg at the Gerry this afternoon, and I guess it's cool to grab a beer in a place that you can claim for yourself outside of your home from time to time.
~
The BYC and the UMASS Club also have great potential for entertaining Business clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate if you leave comments under your real name. Except for TL.

Disqus