Monday, November 12, 2007

Dory Delays

Yesterday, during my row around the Harbor, I saw an 18 foot Swampscott Dory with two oarsmen. It moved throught the swells very smoothly and inspired me to get the Marblehead Gunning Dory project back on track. But today, I hit the laptop at 6:30AM, skipped lunch, broke for dinner at 5:30 PM and then worked from 7:30 until just now at 9:45PM. And I still didn't get where I wanted to be. My partners are also kicking it.
~
And that's just to clear to decks so that we can deal with the big procurement that just walked in the Nanepashemet Telecom door. There will be some major hours processing that. I'm not complaining. This is infinitely better than waiting for the phone to ring, or trying to manufacture opportunities.
~
But I'm not the least bit optimistic about finding the time to spend on the Dory. Plus it's starting to be the time to plan on the annual Nestor Thankgiving Eve Bash. Joanne wants to scale it down this year. She says that every year, and every year it always escalates to a blowout.
~
What makes this year different? Absolutely nothing. All of you Peeps are invited, and none of you know how to behave.

No comments: