Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cool November Row

It was a clear, cool November mornng today, and I took the opportunity to catch the high tide at 11:00AM to row the Tender from River Head Beach to the green can at the beginning of the Marblehead Harbor. The swells were rolling right into the Harbor, and crashing spray onto the rocks at the Barnicle and the Lighthouse.
~
The harbor was pretty empty and most of the boats were hauled. I smashed into a number of moorings, but the Tender seemed oblivious to it.
~
It was a pain hauling out on the concrete ramp however, and the strip of naval brass that was epoxied to the keel was ripped off. Luckily I found it on the adjacent beach, and I'll have to screw it back on. The epoxy alone obviously wasn't enough.
~
When I finally got the Tender back on the trailer, Abby Bruett showed up and I helped her and Greg haul the Mystic Krewe onto their trailer. Good timing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice sticktoitiveness, I see you are back in training. Maybe a half marathon, in Bermuda, they have one. Take the missus. Make for an event.