Saturday, October 06, 2007

Have a Heart


As I sit here Blogging to you Peeps, my heart is clicking away at a rate of 61 beats per minute. I know this because I invested in a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS that has a heart rate monitor.
~
The GPS antenna is the most powerful that I have ever used, being able to pick up satellite signals readily, even indoors. Now I'm down to 59BPM.
~
The heartrate function is provided by a bluetooth wireless connection between a chest strap that is surprizingly compfortable, signaling the rate to the wrist unit.
~
Although the device is a little bit bulkier than a large wrist watch, it is light and not noticeable after a while, especially during a run. It should be a motivating factor to get me to workout regularly.
~
Now I'm up to 63bpm. Maybe blogging is too stressful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're 270 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal!!! Just heard that on TV, but it seemed appropriate for this "workout" thread. Hat's off to the round mound of telecom!!!