Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Year of the Blog

This is the first anniversary of the Nanepashemet Blog. On September 5 of last year, I posted an entry regarding the Herreshoff Columbia Yacht Tender, and pretty much posted every day since then.
~
The Blog has caused both joy and pain, and I'm amazed at the impact that words can have, and the interest that they can engender. I'll have to admit that the Blog was originally intended as notes to myself, with the added implication that it can't be too frank because of business and confidential situations. The fact that a bunch of other people started to constantly look over my shoulder is both flattering and confusing.
~
At times I've gone over the line, which I regret, but in general it has been a fun mode of expression that adds a dimension to my relationship with some of you that I couldn't achieve just by regular discourse.
~
People ask where I find the time, but it seems that this Blog gets written by itself sometimes, and I am just a bystander. I've always found it easy to write, and most of this stuff gets done between sips of Dark and Stormies at night or coffee in the morning.
~
If you don't like the Blog, then why are you reading this? Life is too short to be preoccupied with getting pissed off at these ramblings. If you do like it, I can't see where I'll be stopping soon.... so RockOn Peeps.
~
Keep on Keeping it Real.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The air is fresh in this blogosphere. Breath deep the gathering gloom . . .

Anonymous said...

The blog is good. The mothership website is like a 7th grader's diorama of a Pueblo village done the night before it was due, with Elmer's glue, cotton balls, some twigs from the welcome mat and daddy three thumbs into the Vat 69. Its embarassing. Kid needed to wash around his neck, too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blogs anniversary. Lauren