Monday, September 24, 2007

Little Persuading

Mondays can be so tiring.
~
Three nights of Dark and Stormies can take their toll. I wish that I hadn't been the spokesperson for that cocktail. Everybody who comes over now brings a big supply of Black Seal and Barritts.
~
It would be rude to turn down their considerate gesture to join them with two or three D&S's.
~
And I pride myself on my manners.
~
So today, my ass is dragging.
~
Luckily, there was nothing hot on tap at Nanepashemet Telecom.
~
I did get a half hour on the Cybex and glued up one of the Dory Stems using a mix of oak and mahogany 5' strips. I thought that I would have to steam the strips, but they bent in the mold using the pipe clamps and epoxy easy enough.
~
There is actually an inner and outer stem in the clamps, separated by cellophane so that the epoxy doesn't weld them together.
~
Chock up another 2 hours for this operation and the cumulative today is 12 hours.

No comments: