Saturday, August 11, 2007

Productive Delay

I know you were wondering how the sailing launch went. After rigging up the sprit sail to the mast, and getting all of the lines in place. I pretty much lost the high tide. The sprit sail rig took a little time to figure out, but now that all of the mystery is gone, it looks rather forthright. It will be interesting to see how it sails.

So I devoted the afternoon to finishing the deck railing cap., and decided to catch the tide tomorrow morning. A good decision in that all of the rough sanding and shaping was fininshed, a final sanding at 180 grit and then the penetrating coat of West System 207 clear coat epoxy was applied. The wood will drink up this initial coat.
~
A coat tomorrow morning before the sail launch should see the cap coming to life. It actually looks pretty good. Pictures to follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.
Job, 19. 25

Anonymous said...

I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.
Job, 19. 25

Anonymous said...

That which does not kills me makes me stronger.