Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Battle of Umbagog


The confrontation with Small Mouth Bass and Brook Trout didtn't materialize on Lake Umbegog today.
~
Five Yellow Perch fell victim to my deceptive and highly effective angler techniques..... but no small mouth or trout.
~
I did catch an ambitious pickeral as well - the smallest fish that I've ever landed on a lure.







Other events of the day are worthy of note.
~
I saw two bald eagles, three loons, two otters, and a dead bull moose at the side of the road. The moose took with it a Dodge Ram Pickup front end, and the three mountain men standing on the highway looked pretty perplexed.
~
I was going to stop and take pictures, but then thought the wiser of it since I had my NY Jets T-Shirt on that Rich Berliner gave me.
~
Umbegog is a nice lake. More motor traffic than I would have thought, and the wind that was written about, definitely came up after the noon hour, which made rowing back to the ramp a workout.




No comments: