Friday, July 13, 2007

KMA

I was accused of kissing up to someone the other day.
~
My friends at General Dynamics, Darwin and just about everybody else would really laugh at that. If anything, Joanne and I have been the Anti-Christ of KMA. We brought our kids up the same way.
~
Everybody farts the same as we do, and we all end up with a long dirt nap. So what is there to kiss up to anyway???
~
If I was a kiss up, I'd still have a huge salary coming in bi-weekly. But I have my self respect instead..... which is priceless. Being nice and courteous to someone is not kissing up. It's called manners. Get some, they come in handy when trying to get along with people.
~
So you missed the mark when you called me a kiss up. Maybe your own personal preferences clouded your judgment. How's that for kissing up??? KMA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is this preoccupation with flatulence? So may metaphors out there, and you find our common ground in breaking wind.

We all put our pants on one leg at a time, we all breath the same air, we all coulda been a contenda, the list goes on, for most of us (doff of the cap to the Topper). Sucking up is more often like dangling your "bishop" in the center of the board against Kasparoff. Its an angle, no matter what. Otherwise, we would not put our pants on in the morning. Which is a joy. Damn social convention!

Did I tell you about the time I beat that Rusky playing checkers down at Will Ford's Gas n' Sip, Route 33 in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico? Pull up a chair, this will take a while. See back then, I was hauling fan belts from Akron, OH all around this great country of ours, and would make a side trip to old Mexico when I could . . . .