Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tender Launch

I know what you are thinking.
~
"That must be a good boat to keep that Fat Bastard out of the water."
~
Well, you're right.
~
A successful launch witnessed by Joanne, Katelyn, Peter Crawford, Jim and Kathy Peabody, Chuck and Elaine Jellison along with William's great grandfather Pa Jellison, and Linda and Tom O'Shea.
~
Peter Crawford provided the color commentary.
~
It did leak somewhat, and the source has not been identified.
~
But the trial run was great. After Katelyn and Tom took turns, I rowed out to the mouth of the harbor and back.... about a three mile trek that took me an hour.
~
The boat was very stable and fast moving - a credit to the original Herreshoff design.
~
Lots of compliments from onlookers.
~
It is a freaking good looking boat if I say so myself.
~
I hope that Ryan and Will catch a lot of fish from this Tender in Will's future childhood years.
~
It is definitely a one rower boat though. I had hoped that two could row together comfortably, but the trial with Katelyn makes this doubtful.
~
The next boat, the Marblehead Gunning Dory, should accommodate two easily.
~
Now the sailing rig has to be finished to see how the Tender sails.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boat looks great. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Curious as to the source of the leak, the design or construction flaw which occassioned it, and the fix you used.

"It is an ancient Mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
'By thy long grey beard and glittering eye,
Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?"