Sunday, June 10, 2007

Further Tender Details

Early this morning, I got the fourth and final coat of interior marine varnish on the Tender. Then I sanded the mast and applied a coat of epoxy to it. After finishing this by 11:00 am, I just had enough time to shower and go with Joanne, Ryan and Courtney for a harbor cruise.
~
Seems like kid Nestor is ready to pop. Courtney has carried to term which is good. I'm really interested in seeing this kid make an appearance.
~
In the afternoon, I took down the finishing hut, and turned the Tender upside down with the help of Tommy O.
~
I've decided to get the centerboard fully operational before a launch, and the centerboard doesn't fit smoothly into its case. So I filed the bottom centerboard opening smooth, but I'll have to substantially plane down the centerboard and refinish it with epoxy before it can be reinstalled.
~
By Saturday, I'll be officially ready for a rowing launch. The Sailing launch is planned for July 4th when Mike comes home again.

No comments: