Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tender Progress

Believe it or not, I have been able to sneak in a little bit of work on the Herreshoff Columbia Yacht Tender.
~
The cedar seats are fitted and ready to be removed for sanding and epoxy coating. The centerboard case has to be secured and fitted with the centerboard attached to a lowering hardware rig, and the sailing mast cleats have to be attached.
~
I still have to sand and re-epoxy the interior sides. And of course, the whole thing has to be varnished with about five interior coats and two exterior.
~
Come to think of it, there is a ton of work to do......
~
But it's getting there.
~
Don't start in on me for a launch date. I've lost all credibility by saying that it would be in by last Thanksgiving. Plus the basement tile job is screaming for attention... and the deck in the back of the house is a mess.
~
So, I can't guarantee that the Tender will hit the water anytime soon. Keep the dream alive.




No comments: