Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rigor Mortis

I'm beat.
~
Joanne and Amy worked on the school move today, so I felt obligated to work on the basement tile job. With the constant moving around on your knees, floor tiling is one of the most uncomfortable and tedious jobs. I can't imagine what it must be to do this for a living. There is a great sense of accomplishment though when you see your tile colors and patterns start to emerge on the floor.
~
After a few courses of 6x6 quarry tile and a course of 4" patterns, Greg and Dave Bruett dropped by to see if I could rip the width of some stair treads that they were installing at Dave's condo. It was a welcome respite.
~
I did a few more courses then established a pattern of accent slate and natural stone tile. When I found myself standing around in a stupor around 2:30, it was clear that the job was done for today.
~
I have a long way to go. This is not going to go fast, but if I keep a steady contribution, the job should get done in the short term.

No comments: