Tuesday, March 06, 2007

When I Win the Lottery

I've been thinking about what I'm going to do when I win the Lottery.
~
To say that your life will not change is ludicrous. All of your relationships will be altered by people being envious, disengenuous, spiteful or otherwise. Virtually no one will think of you in the same way.
~
Your true friends will be diluted by pseudo wellwishers and phoney hangers on.
~
So far, not a pretty picture.
~
But I've already been through extreme ups and downs. And I know who my friends are. So I'm prepared for the reactions. That will not deter me.
~
I will pay down my mortgages first, and own my real estate outright. Then I will establish liquid investments that will pay for the taxes, insurance and maintenance of my house, condo, and the Sundance Pre-school. I will then invest enough for minimum annual income. Maybe kicking off $200k per year. That will stabilize my current situation for eternity.
~
I will also give all of my kids and extended family $1m each.
~
After capitalizing my businesses and current partners, I will open up a boatbuilding shop that manufactures cedar strip wooden boats. I will create a market for sailing dories and traditional Herreshoff styled boats throughout the Eastern Seaboard. I'll initiate fishing and sailing clubs as well as boatbuilding classes. And I'll write about it all.
~
What will you do?

No comments: