Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Impromptu Downhill Skiing

Those thousands of Peeps who hit this Blog every day know that I rarely miss a daily entry. Yesterday was the exception.
~
Mike and Rick Rockett asked me to look at a business opportunity in Vermont for them that turned into an overnight St. Patrick's Day encore. The only difference from the amount of drinking that I did since the St. Pat's holiday blowout is that I didn't have to get up and ski after St. Patrick's Day.
~
I'm not a good downhill skiier, and I suck even more with a nauseous stomach and no food. But the conditions were the best that I've ever experienced.... beautifully groomed snow trails, no ice, 25 degrees, no wind, crystal clear blue skies.
~
What a waste!! After my five runs to the Rockett Boys 10, it was time to admit what an out of shape fat bastard I am.
~
If you had told me Mon. that I would be skiing at Sugarbush with a hangover on Wed. morning, I would have politely dismissed you as out of touch with reality. But that's why I missed the entry yesterday.

No comments: