Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Piantedosi Rigs

A couple of years ago, I bought two of these units from Gary Piantedosi of Piantedosi Oars in Acton, MA. Gary is an MIT Engineer, and Olympic Rower. A real class guy who opened up his shop to me as a stranger and showed me his operation.

These "Row Wing" sliding rigs are made of quality marine grade aluminium and are very well crafted.

At the time, I was going to rig them up to a type of catamaran that I was thinking of converting my two 14 foot sea kayaks. I never did the project, but now will retrofit the Herreshoff tender to be able to use both of these sliding seat rowing rigs, as well as traditional oar locks. The units will be designed to be removed for sailing and traditional rowing while fishing.

I think that it will be cool to pull the tender around Marblehead harbor in tandem with a friend. I'll have to find someone who is robust and fit enough to keep pace with my rowing cadence though.

Piantedosi Oars


-=[ Piantedosi Oars - Rowingrigs.com ]=-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we deserve an explanation for Mcmahon as peep of the year