Tuesday, January 30, 2007

New Motivation

I have to admit that during this snowless winter in Boston, I'm starting to really miss being out on the water. The Sundance Pre-School new site build and Darwin has pulled all of my time away from finishing the Tender, but I have to find a way to get it done in the next few months.
~
My appointment with Dr. Casale is in Mid-March, and he wants me on fish oil, aspirin and the HBP med. I'm also supposed to exercise for at least 30 min per day. As much as the Cybex stationary bike is great, I think it would be cool to get that half hour in rowing around the harbor.
~
That means I have to get the trailer assembled, registered and finish the damn Tender. Probably a good motivation. I'll be honest. I'd like to lose 20 lbs. in the next 50 days before my appointment. That's 3 lbs. a week for the next seven weeks.
~
Really, How hard can it be??? Go low on carbs, cut down on portions, no cookies, lay off the scotch (weekdays anyway). Get the 30 Min. in everyday, and gut it out for 7 weeks.
~
Time for a gut check.... literally.
~
I'll let you know how I'm doing, +/- , when I publish the Peeps of the Week each Thurs. for the next seven weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J.

A great way to lose some pounds which no one ever does is to snack all day long. Sounds like the opposite of what you wanna do but it works. Healthy snacks. I have lots of fruit and nutri-grain bars all day long. With three meals a day. (yeah 3, breakfast is important). and have like 2 small healthy snacks in between you keep your metabolism constantly going. Keep in mind you'll up the amount of times you shit in one day which shows that your doing a good job. ALways good to work out along with it but this makes just makes it easier.

-mcmahon