Saturday, January 20, 2007

Jeremiah Johnson

A 1972 film starring Robert Redford and depicting "Liver Eating Johnson" who carried on a twenty year vendetta in Wyoming against the Crow Indian Tribe who had killed his wife.
~
Easily my favorite movie ever. I must have watched it fifteen times before tonight. The soundtrack is great if you like acoustical music like I do. Very simple, brutal, survivalist theme. I've often wondered why I like this movie so much, and have developed a few theories, which I don't think I am ready to share with you.
~
"The way that you wander, is the way that you choose.
The Day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or Thunder, a Man will always wonder,
Where the fair wind blows.
Where the fair wind blows."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMC rocks. Watched it twice this weekend.