Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Presents

I hope you got some nice presents for Christmas. I did. You all know about the boat trailer that Joanne got for me. It came in FIVE BOXES!!!
~
... with some assemble required. Then she got me a paper towel holder for the kitchen counter. I was so sick of always looking for the paper towels. And the kids gave me some more really neat stuff.
~
Ryan and Courtney gave me a brass thermometer and a great book on the Herreshoff Yacht and Boat Builders of Bristol, R.I. I had actually lusted for this book down at the Marblehead Spirit of 76 Bookstore, but denied myself because of the price tag.
~
Mike gave the the National Audubon Society, state of the art, Sibley Guide to Birds.
~
Boats and Birds.... some serious reading enjoyment.
~
Katelyn bought me a sweater and a Dark and Stormy Gift Box, with Ginger Beer and Goslings Black Seal Bermuda Rum. You will recall that Dark and Stormies are the official Nanepashemet Drink of Summer. I wore the sweater during the Chistmas Eve parties and emerged stain free by the end of the evening. That's a great omen.
~
Jay Turner gave me a bottle of Lagavulin... you know what that means!!! He is an automatic for POTW. Brilliant move.
~
All in all, some thoughtful presents from an awesome family.

No comments: