Saturday, November 11, 2006

Nanepashemet Blog Posting and BC Basketball

Believe it or not, some people have not read this blog.
~
I know that sounds shocking... that there are people out there walking around aimlessly with a big gap in their lives... but it's true.
~
When these people find out that I blog, they normally ask what I blog about. I answer that I don't know, which is the truth. Years ago, when I was at UMASS, I lived in the same dorm as a bunch of the basketball players. Rick Pitino and Julius Erving were there at that time, but they didn't live in my dorm. Al Skinner, the current coach of the Boston College Men's Basketball team did.
~
I didn't know him other than to say hi, but I remember being in the dorm lobby one day, when he was hanging with some of the other players. I overheard one of them ask him if he worried about getting his share of points in a game.
~
Skinner said,"I never think about it. I just know that they will come."
~
Why is it that random comments like that stick in your memory? I don't know, but this one did. I don't think about what topics to post in the blog, I just know that they will come. Katelyn asks me how I find the time to write these posts. It almost seems that they happen by themselves, and take no time at all.
~
One thing blogging has taught me is that there is a tremendous amount of stuff that happens to you daily. If you take the time to capture and analize the random shit that passes through your head, it's impossible to be bored with life. This blog only captures a minute fraction.

No comments: