Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Voted for Ted Kennedy Today


Why?
How the Hell do I know!
I have no logical, rational answer.
Certainly not because I agree with his politics, behavior, scandals, etc.
~
I probably think I voted for him out of deference to the potential that the Kennedy ideal once had for the country and the past memories and pride that my Irish Catholic family once had by seeing one of their own in the White House.
~
I also voted for Johnny O' Brien as Register of Deeds for the Southern Essex County Registry - a truly lovable rogue from the old Lynn days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reminds me of attending a soccer (sorry, football) match at Anfield, with Andrew and Kate Mulvaney. The crowd singing to each other "you'll never walk alone", and meaning it.

You felt it, loyalty, come sunshine or shade. I beleive loyalty is one of the few abstract values (not an emotion!) one can display that no one else can put forward in the same way, with the same meaning, with no value and with all the value in the world. Ask Seneca. It what seperates us from the rest of, . . . them.

That's why you voted for Kennedy.

One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.