Saturday, November 25, 2006

Favorite Winter Cocktail

I was surprised at the popularity of my favorite cocktail recipes.
~
The Summer Drink - Dark and Stormies.
~
The Classic Autumn Drink - Seagrams and Cider.
~
Now, hundreds of you have emailed me incessantly to reveal my favorite winter recipe. If I told you to get a life, it would do no good... obviously this advise is hopeless by evidence of your pathetic attention to this blog. Also, I have to be honest with myself. Who am I to tell anybody else to get a life, when all I write about is booze, boats and blogs? Enough of this insightful introspection of you and me.
~
What was I talking about?..... Oh Yeah - the Winter Cocktail. Here it is....
~
Once again, I have to establish the disclaimer that this drink in no way usurps Lagavulin, the King of Scotch as the ultimate preferred alcoholic repast. I don't want you to think that I'm cheating on the King. BTW, I've completely replenished my supply thanks to the kind folks (now POTW) who answered the bell at the Thanksgiving Eve Bash. After consuming one bottle, we have three left, which is my largest standing inventory of Lagavulin ever.
~
Now for the subject at hand....
~
The Winter Cocktail is as much about color and presentation as it is about drinking satisfaction.
~
Take a full bodied Scotch glass, and fill half full with ice. Cover the ice with Canadian Club Blended Whisky. Fill with Cranberry Juice (stick with Ocean Spray). Garnish with a lime wedge. The lime is important. Don't make this cocktail without it.
~
That's it! The Winter Cocktail - CC and Cranberry! Your urinary tract will thank you. Enjoy in moderation and stop emailing me.

No comments: