Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Big race in Massachusetts is Patrick v. Healy for the Governor's seat. Black v. Woman. It's a sign of the maturity in our culture that this fact - a historic demographic matchup - is only a footnote and is only mentioned in passing.
~
A nasty and expensive race. Over $40M spent. Theoretically, there is no return on this investment by the candidates. I suppose that I should say say something cynical here.
~
Nationally, the control of the House and Senate is at stake, with the Democrats having a chance to grab the leadership of the Legislature from the Republicans. The national media is playing this as a referendum about President Bush.
~
My prediction is that the discontent is not as deep seated as portrayed by the Press. I hate it when people try to tell me what to think. Give me the facts, I'll make up my own mind.
~
Meanwhile, I'm hopeful that UPS will deliver my new sander today.

No comments: