Thursday, November 09, 2006

Darwin Rocks On

Many of my Nanepashemet Peeps have been asking me about Darwin lately.
~
I touched base with a lot of my wireless colleagues at the launch meeting of the New England Wireless Association, and I truly felt that I was a Darwin guy rather than "ex-GD". As much as I was dedicated and loyal to General Dynamics, it feels good to be with a group that is vibrant, business-minded and ready to make a real industry mark again.
~
I don't like to talk freely about the specifics because of business security, but I am really psyched about the forward view that I am seeing. Today gave some particularly good signs of things to come.
~
Indications are that Darwin is on course to pinch the industry in the ass. We will get some attention in 2007. Inspire some people, piss off more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Encouraging people to do the right thing, versus trying to be right, that is the kind of place that wins championships.

Being right only goes so far - its knowledge without compassion. The Sixth Patriarch wrote (he was the first prolific Chinese Zen Buddhist, in Chinese "Ch'an Fo") of the inseperable nature of knowledge and compassion, meaning that knowledge is not true knowledge without compassion. In the western vernacular, the infinite circular link between knowledge and compassion (in some good Chinese poetry described as waves stacking up and falling into themselves) is termed Wisdom.

Think about how few people you ever refer to as wise. And think of the ones you do so refer to.

John Nestor said...

You Go Wutang! Wutang is da MAN!