Friday, November 10, 2006

Autumn Drink

Recently, an inordinate amount of Peeps have inquired as to my favorite autumn cocktail.
~
Realizing that "Dark and Stormies" may have a summer feel to it, these insightful Nanepashemet Peeps bring up a good point. "What is my favorite Fall Drink?"
~
Not an easy question. You must remember that any such designation doesn't dethrone Lagavulin as the King of Scotch, with an unapproachable position in my drinking preference.
~
This aside, you are missing something if you haven't tried a "Seagrams and Cider". That's half a glass of ice cubes, covered with Seagrams 7 Blended Canadian Whisky, and topped off with Apple Cider with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
~
Surprisingly, an upgrade to VO isn't really cost effective or better than the Seagram's 7.
~
This drink has been an autumn standard since Joanne and I were first married. I used to be able to pack away a good amount of cider this way in one sitting, but if you get a bad batch of apples, you also might be sitting in the bathroom for an inordinate amount of time, so be careful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

I work with Tom (one of your peeps of the week)and he sent me your blog. I like it a lot, and I can't wait to try your 'autumn drink' Have a good one.
-Emily

John Nestor said...

Thanks Emily. Keep your hopes up. Someday you might get to be a POTW yourself, just like Tom.