Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tender wins the dilemma

Might have missed the last good fishing day, unless I spring for a vacation day before the month is out.
~
The interior gunwales and spacers were a bigger challenge than I anticipated. Had just enough clamps to get the job done.
~
Even though the spacers are a throw back to when these boats were built with steamed oak ribs, they give a nice detail to the look of the boat.
~
Now I have to build and install the centerboard case and the floorboards. Then a couple more coats of epoxy and interior sanding.
~
I'm kind of resigned to the fact that I won't have the sailing components ready for the Thansgiving launch, but it is still an even bet that we can row this thing by then.
~
Also, Buffalo dropped another to the Pats, who are starting to look dominant. Now at 5 and 1 on the season.







No comments: