Tuesday, October 17, 2006

San Francisco Morning

Get a call at 4:45 AM from Katelyn who didn't know I was on the West Coast. She and Jill are going to London and Paris for a week and they are psyched. She caught me peeing while I was on the cell phone, which normally I wouldn't do, but I don't have the strength to wake up in the morning and not seek immediate relief.
~
So now I'm wide awake in the Marriot Courtyard watching the Chris Rock show.
~
Chris Rock is also an unbelieveably funny comedian, but for a very different reason than Borat below. His honesty is so real and unvarnished that it qualifies as high comedy. He gets away with telling the truth because of his delivery, tone and facial expressions. I think he is very right of center, yet you never see him characterized as a conservative.

No comments: