Thursday, October 12, 2006

Boston...

... is so cool.
~
When I was growing up, people were fleeing the cities. Surburban sprawl was the watchword of the Seventies. City Planners and Urbanologists theorized that the sprawl would continue indefinitely and spread to the exurbs. The condition of the "Inner Cities" was the sourch of considerable social tinkering by the Federal Government.
~
But then the City seemed to rediscover itself. Now it is a highly desirable place to find yourself.
~
In the telecom biz, I get to stay in Marriott Courtyards all over the United States. Other places have appeal, especially San Francisco and Seattle, while you couldn't pay me enough to live in Cincinnatti or St. Louis. The desert in Arizona and New Mexico is neat, and the mountains in Denver are awesome.
~
But I'm always happy to fly back to Boston. Ocean, Fields and Woodland, Mountains, History, Straight Talking Rude People. This is my home.

No comments: